Thursday, June 11, 2009

FeedBurner

A rare, completely non-Jewish-content rant. A sorbet, to cleanse your virtual pallet, if you will.

So, I'm trying to set up FeedBurner so that I can track visits to this blog, and maybe add a bit of extra functionality. I can't believe how hard it is. I mean, all I really want to do is to know who, if anyone, is reading this stuff. But, I can't quite figure out how. I mean, do I really have to set up post-feed redirects? Do I even know what those are?

Let's all take a minute and remember that I have a degree in Computer Science. I was a professional computer programmer for 3 years (and 2 summers during Rabbinical School). I am, as my sister will be only too happy to tell you, a certified geek. If I can't figure this stuff out, how do "normal" people do it? Sheesh.

Anyway, if you experience any trouble with Blog Am in the near future, please tell me via Facebook or at RabbiRosenberg@tampabay.rr.com!

5 comments:

Wendy Withers said...

I've set up FeedBurner on my blogs. Don't ask me how I did it, though.

And, the stats you get aren't as great as you'd get from Google, which is a lot easier to set up through Blogger, because it's a Google company.

Jill said...

I, Jill (Rosenberg) Gallagher, do solemnly certify that Jason is in fact a geek

Mike S said...

You must let it wash over you, my friend. Become one with the Bad Technology. Accept it for what it is, ask not for it to change. Or #&%! it, scrape it off and try its competition, whatever that might be....

Oh yes, I'm reading. In fact, I intend to read it all, back to the start, when I have the time. I'm looking forward to learning a lot here

Stephen Bucholtz said...

I haven't tried this, but maybe this is worth a shot:
http://www.statcounter.com/blogger/

Phyllis Sommer said...

i haven't had any trouble with feedburner. i think it works well - it is now a google company.

i like feedburner because it's easy to allow email subscriptions, which i think people like.

i also use sitemeter.com to track stats. i find both useful.