Thursday, October 1, 2009

Please Read: Two Jonahs

Jonah Dreskin was the son of Rabbi Billy and Cantor Ellen Dreskin. He died earlier this year in a terrible accident. His father has been blogging since then, although I just learned of the blog now. He posted a powerful, beautiful piece about the connections between his son and the prophet after whom he was named.

I also read the preceding post, equally poignant, about how Rabbi Dreskin sees the world, or is trying to, in the wake of this loss.

I'm not going to pull any quotes - there's too much, and I don't feel right doing any editing. I haven't been able to read more postings, yet - they're just too difficult, and too powerful. But, utterly beautiful. Please, find some quiet time, and give these a read. And, as always, hug your family. A lot.

G'mar Chatimah Tova - May you be sealed in the Book of Life.

No comments: