Thursday, December 4, 2008

Mumbai

The horrific attacks in Mumbai happened while I was on vacation, so I didn't really hear as much about them as I usually would have, and I definitely didn't think or speak about them as much, either. But, now that I'm back, I've been trying to get my head around this atrocity.

George Zucker forwarded me an article by Dennis Prager which wonders why, exactly, would Pakistani terrorists, attacking India, make time to also attack a Chabad house? To him (and, to me) it's a sign of how deeply seated Anti-Semitism is among some - Islamicist terrorists of today, the Nazis of yesterday. And, he also takes time to mention that this has ramifications for the rest of the world, as well:
For years I have warned that great evils often begin with the murder of Jews, and therefore non-Jews who dismiss Jew-hatred (aka anti-Semitism, aka anti-Zionism), will learn too late that Jew- and Israel-haters only begin with Jews but never end with them.

As always, I welcome your thoughts and comments about this article.

No comments: