Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Tired, cranky and grateful

My connection isn't good enough to find and link to it, but if you've never seen it, Google "Louis C.K. And everything's great." Hysterical, and a really important point to remember.

I'm exhausted. I just figured out that, by the time I get home, it will have been just over 24 hours since I left for the airport in Tel Aviv. Almost no sleep. Bad food. Achy body.

But, you know what? I just got to spend an amazing 10 days in Israel. I got to tour around on a comfy bus, and sleep in nice hotels. And, my "long" trip is nothing compared to what people, just a generation or three ago, would have had to put up with to get to Israel.

So, I'm tired, and I'm cranky, and I'm dying to be home already. But, I'm also feeling very, very lucky.

No comments: